A healthy and hearty vegetarian dish! Add ground beef or chicken for an added twist on this savory, spicy, and satisfying meal.
• 4 bell peppers
• 1 cup brown rice
• 1 container Casa Sanchez Foods salsa
• 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup frozen or canned corn, drained
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp cumin
• salt and pepper to taste
• 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro
• 1 cup shredded cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. Cut the top off each bell pepper and remove seeds. Place in a shallow baking dish.
4. In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, salsa, beans, corn, spices, cilantro, and half of the cheese. Fill peppers with the mixture. Add ¼ cup of water to the dish, cover with foil, and bake until the bell peppers are soft, 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining cheese, and bake until browned, 5 to 7 minutes more.
6. Drizzle with sour cream and garnish with cilantro if desired.